Shabby Christmas 3

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Party Number One!

Last Friday we had the opportunity to go to our work Christmas party.  This was a first for both John and I and I must say, we had a lot of fun.  The night started with some mingling and some delicious buffet type food from Tucano's.  Tucano's is a Brazilian restaurant here in Utah that is known for it's meat.  At the actual restaurant you have a little bar that has a red side and a green side.  If you have the green side up, the waiter will stop by with a variety of different meats for you to pick from.  If the red side is up, that means you are done! Anyway, at the party we have beef, pork, chicken, salad, macaroni salad, fresh fruit, and lots of yummy desserts.
After we all finished eating, we had a white elephant gift exchange.  We all drew numbers, I got 20 and John got 37.  When it finally became my turn, I went for a bag, which was super heavy when I went to pick it up. And to top it all off, it had Karen's (one of my co-workers) name on it exclaiming that she needed to take it home with her.  I proceeded to open it and found the most hideous collie plaque that I have ever seen. Something similar to the adorable picture to the right.  Although it was much creepier, mis-proportioned and in living color. Something that I would rather NOT be waking up to every morning staring at me. ;) John opted to take two gold fish that one of the proctor families got.  And didn't want. I figured it was better than grabbing another frighteningly ugly dog statue so told him he should grab them.  They were very glad that we took them off their hands and due to a suggestion from our Boss named them Tupac and Biggie. Ha!
Update: Sadly, Tupac died two days after we got them.  Biggie may be to blame but we have no solid evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment