Shabby Christmas 3

Monday, December 12, 2011

40 Weeks Today!

Today is my given due date, which is pretty hard to believe! It's weird to think that any day now (any minute for that matter) Seamus will make his appearance.  Both John and I have come to terms with the fact that we will have a wee'un very soon, but it's still kind of hard to wrap our brains around how much things will change having a little person in our lives.  I think I've come to better terms with it, John still has some progress to make but he's getting there! It probably won't totally hit him until he's holding the boy. :)  
I am pretty stinkin' ready to have him though.  Sleep is not so much fun anymore and it takes all my energy just to roll over.  On top of that, I injured a leg muscle a few months back playing softball and it's still not fully healed.  I never realized how much I used the stupid thing to move until I hurt it.  I'm going to attempt using heat (I've been using ice but that only works momentarily) to see if that helps at all.  Fingers crossed that it does! 
Other than not sleeping to wonderfully at night, I'm feeling pretty good.  Pretty giant but good.  At my Doctor's visit last week, Seamus had dropped.  The week before last I was measuring at 45.5 inches and last week I was down to 40.  Yay for Seamus moving down! That means we're getting closer and closer to the big day!  I'm a little anxious but also excited about it, which I suppose would be totally natural.  It's a big event, especially it being the first.  I'm really just hoping that all goes smoothly and the Babes is healthy in the end.  That really is the best Christmas present I could ask for.  Oh, and for him to make his debut BEFORE Christmas! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment